When progress begins to plateau it can be difficult to find channels to continue endorsing growth, and the higher-ed institution, while being by default an agent and proponent of growth, is no exception to the limitations posed by old ways of doing things.
University offices tend to gather paper at alarming rates, increasing storage costs and increasing liability of student privacy infringements. That’s why so many have turned to things like e-procurement and electronic admissions to automate processes that keep growth at bay. But with such growth in the realm of software solutions, it’s easy to overlook the need for scanning and back-file conversion.
In registrar offices, the hub of student affairs, things like transcript requests, student transfers, class registration, and student housing are at the forefront of time-critical operations, and during admission periods these become more intensive and can be jeopardized by paper-intensive processes. That’s why scanning student transcripts and other records into a system compatible with the institution’s ERP system is the best way to promote departmental growth.
What’s the Value of Converting paper transcripts to Digital Files?
- Make all records available electronically, reducing response to queries and boosting student/alumni satisfaction
- Promote data security by eliminating disaster-susceptible paper
- Safeguard student privacy with security controls which only allow authorized university staff to access old records
- Cut paper and storage costs, allowing for more growth-oriented investments
- Clear up space taken by boxes of student records/transcripts
- No more worrying about labels falling off or damaged/deteriorating transcripts
- Uploading Digital files directly into your current ERP system
- SOC 2 Compliant facilities to insure student records/transcripts remain secure
- Conversion of old microfilm to digital format promotes ease of access
Connect with one of our business process experts below to find out how we’ve helped Universities with daily scanning services and conversion of backlog student records!