With technological advances on the rise, so have our standards for customer service, including government services. We expect crucial information delivered to us in a timely manner. Governments are acting fast to fulfill these needs by turning to tools such as government portals that deliver information quickly and accurately so they can easily engage with their citizens on a more personal level.
Government portals have also expanded in recent years to offer more capabilities and information. A portal helps a government transform the way it works internally and how it delivers services to all stakeholders.
Our web portal solutions and framework make data access a simple and straightforward experience for you, your team and external users. These front-end interfaces are configurable to match specific needs and provide a welcoming, secure entry point to your solution, which makes finding and importing information quick and easy.
The Portal Solution
Our Web Portal Solutions improve customer experiences by giving them the ability to submit, retrieve and manage their information online – simply and securely. It also allows for customized access controls and procedures for collaborating with applications and databases both internally and externally. Each web portal solution is specially designed to deliver a consistent look and feel that aligns with your current website design standards. A web portal solution enables you to:
- Validate required fields automatically
- Reduce need for paper forms and manual processing
- Enable users to save form progress and finish later
- Brand portals with your existing company web standards and styles
- Easily adhere to compliance standards
The Portal Framework
The Portal Framework utilizes Hyland’s Unity API and provides a configurable, easy-to-use setup that maps portal-submitted information into OnBase. It also allows your portal to update, archive, and query OnBase for simple, fast viewing of data. Benefits of the portal framework include:
- Dynamic mapping of OnBase objects to Portal objects for easy integration
- Allowing queries, updates, and archival through the use of simple configuration
- Ability to virus scan uploaded documents
- Built-in exception logging to be used in conjunction with Hyland’s logging for end-to-end troubleshooting
- Staying current with Hyland API changes
Web portals can deliver value in many different ways to many types of government services, from health and human services to assessment appeals for property taxes.
Portals such as these are reaping huge benefits for many government entities. For example, Cook County in Chicago, Illinois, is the second most populous county in the nation and contains more than 40% of all Illinois residents. Their Board of Review has the largest appeals board and operations within the United States. With the help of web portal solutions, they can handle more than 420,000 appeals annually – 8 times more than New York City!