How a Regional hospital freed 3 departments to focus on patient care initiatives with DataBank’s Amplification Services
A medical center has been operating for over a century, serving patients in 13 counties of central Iowa. The 220-bed, non-profit regional hospital relies on its mission to advance health through specialized care and personal touch to improve health care for its local residents.
The center uses the OnBase integration for Epic to allow users to scan, retrieve, and manage OnBase content from within the Epic system. However, once their OnBase Admin changed roles, they no longer had help supporting the system or integration. The hospital needed a quick solution.
- Their OnBase Admin was changing roles within the organization, and they needed someone to fill that role for system support and new development.
- Their OnBase is integrated with their Epic EHR system, so managing that connection to ensure data was properly passed was vital. Without the Admin role filled, that connection was at risk.
- They needed an OnBase development expert to drive new solutions for their Accounts Payable, HIM, and HR departments.
DataBank’s Amplification Services is helping conquer daily OnBase maintenance, EMR integration and building new solutions.
Through Amplification Services, DataBank provided an OnBase Admin resource capable of both supporting their day-to-day OnBase maintenance, the OnBase/Epic integration, as well as designing and building new solutions.
DataBank was able to jump right in to work without a long lead time or prep period.
An additional support resource was allocated to their IT team so that the primary Admin could focus solely on development and future-oriented projects.
- Daily OnBase user support and monitoring
- Epic/OnBase workflows and integration maintenance
- Monthly reporting dashboards
- Contracts management solution design and development
- Custom backend services development
- End-to-end testing and validation
Through the two dedicated resources ,OnBase is stable through continuous monitoring and maintenance, user-submitted tickets are resolved quickly, and the OnBase Admins work with the hospital’s Epic facilitators to verify OnBase/Epic are properly flowing. For new developments, the team has built a new workflow approval process for contract request submissions and a new AP Workview solution.
- Offloaded OnBase support and daily maintenance so the hospital’s AP, HR and HIM departments could focus on patient care initiatives
- Designed and developed a new contract management module that automates contract request approvals within their AP department
- Stabilized OnBase/Epic system integration
- Developed and maintained new events and import processes to join OnBase records with other ancillary systems which then feed back into Epic
- Designed and implemented a new AP Workview solution
Now that the hospital’s AP, HR, and HIM departments are more connected than ever, they are planning to upgrade to the EP5 OnBase version. This will enable them to continue expansion of the contract management solution and link more systems involving other departments throughout the hospital. The more these systems speak, the more seamless the data transfer and overall care delivery to their Iowa patients.
Download the full case study for added insight.