There’s a lot to know about OnBase. The world of Enterprise Content Management is always evolving, so OnBase is to give your organization the features, security, and improvements necessary to keep building new solutions.
Cameron Warnke, Solution Engineer, and Franklin Hudson, Support Team Lead, talk about how they stay afloat in the dynamic world of OnBase.
But, we understand keeping up can be difficult. Especially when you don’t have an OnBase expert sitting at a desk behind you to ask a quick question. So we’ve compiled a list of our favorite resources that help our support team stay knowledgeable on the latest OnBase happenings.
Cameron and Franklin also highly recommend bookmarking these:
- Hyland Product Documentation https://support.hyland.com/home This is a great way to search for answers without spending long hours digging through MRGs now. This is replacing the MRGs going down the road and, in my opinion, is a better tool by far.
- Try.Hyland https://try.hyland.com/ Trying out and testing different aspects of OnBase with these sandboxes works great. It’s easier than installing everything locally and it resets itself, so if you break it, just relaunch it, and it’s fixed!
- W3 Schools https://www.w3schools.com/ I use it as a very basic website to learn to use code in different languages. I’m not an expert in this field, so doing some basic classes or even searching the tutorials helps out when I have issues. There are other similar websites, but I was given this one when I started, and it helped me out. It’s also free!
- Hyland Community https://community.hyland.com/login?returnUrl=/connect?order_by=name&_template=b2346f49932f44a39fcaab8c988026f2&extras=_path:0e07afcfed794c5e9955dd2cf3509f05 Of course, I’ve also used the base AKA Connect through Community. Joining similar groups has allowed me to stay in touch with what others experience in my field. Both customers and DataBankers have access to Hyland Community as long as they have a Community account.
- LinkedIn Groups or other industry/product-related groups
Follow various government solutions and OnBase product groups. Following these different posts, groups, threads, and even people can show you what’s happening in the real world. I have found new solution ideas this way from just reading what others have done recently.
From Franklin Hudson –
- DataBank’s Customer Community https://databank.my.site.com/CustomerCommunity/s/ If you need access to these links to the DataBank customer community, follow the prompt on the page to email our support team.
- DataBank’s Knowledge Database https://databank.my.site.com/CustomerCommunity/s/knowledge-home The DataBank Knowledge Base is a support team-maintained knowledge database that houses articles regarding product bulletins and updates.
- Vendor Resources https://databank.my.site.com/CustomerCommunity/s/vendor-resources The Vendor resources page gives product information on each of DataBank’s technology partners.
- Hyland’s 3rd-party compatibility matrix – https://community.hyland.com/technical/third-party-compatibility/third-party-compatibility-list This allows you to view compatibilities with the OnBase software and other 3rd party software it can integrate with. This helps you ensure that things are up to date and will work in the most efficient manner. If you have any questions about this, don’t hesitate to reach out to our support team!
- Hyland’s Delta reports (or release notes) https://whatsnew.onbase.com/DiamondDelta/ The Delta reports allow you to select between versions and run reports to see if any major bugs were identified and if they have been resolved. This is a great tool when used in conjunction with the 3rd-party compatibility matrix when determining what is best when considering a newer version of OnBase or upgrading hardware in an environment.
- Hyland University
https://university.hyland.com/learn/dashboard Hyland software also has what is known as Hyland University, which can be accessed by any Hyland client. This is great for learning the different OnBase modules or when considering adding to an existing OnBase solution. There are even some interactive courses that allow you to get some hands-on training. If you are looking for official certification in an OnBase module or system administration or deployments, you can select an instructor-led course which would require a tuition fee.
Of course, we’re always here to be your support cubicle mate or remote support line. If there’s something you don’t know, we may know. If there’s something we don’t know, we have plenty of resources on our side to find out.