There’s a lot to consider when moving to an advanced ECM solution, but above all, one of the first deciding factors is figuring out where to host it. Just as some people prefer a good old-fashioned hard-cover book, others prefer their stories read electronically on their devices. Either way, there’s a solution for everyone. The same goes for an organization. Some may prefer to host their ECM platforms on-premise while others would rather it be stored in the cloud.
At the end of the day, the decision comes from you and what works best for your organization. Depending on how you are set up already and what your company is looking for, you may go either way. So to help you walk down the path of answering the age-old question between choosing an on-premise solution or a cloud solution, we have pulled together this handy guide, along with an infographic, to sum it all up.
- Utilize your own existing resources and expertise. OnBase works with any existing Microsoft environment as well as Oracle and Sybase products. It can also support Linux and Unix for certain server roles.
- To make managing your ECM solution on your own even easier, Hyland offers tons of training courses both online and in person on anything from the basics to more advanced topics like API programming. Learn more on training options with DataBank and Hyland here!
- Although housed in your own office, you still have access to one-tier support.
- On top of all of that, on-premise solutions can be very affordable. Purchase just the software you need at the time and add on extended features as you grow.
- Those who opt for a cloud hosted solution have access to a custom built OnBase cloud. With 13 years of experience in the cloud, OnBase has been able to create a unique and efficient program experience.
- Despite living in another world if you will, your data is never mixed with another organizations data. Everything is kept separately in a secure environment.
- The OnBase cloud program has developed and implemented security measures that are stronger than what most businesses can offer themselves. On top of that, they can meet SLAs and compliance requirements.
- Since the cloud is not hosted on a single server, you have unlimited upload and download capabilities. There is no cap to what you can place and pull from the cloud.
- Finally, hosting your ECM solution in the cloud gives you the same experience as an on-premise solution without putting additional strain on your IT department.
For more information on the different solutions offered in both OnBase on-premise and OnBase cloud based solutions click here!