Looking into 2018, we are about to enter a year that will be increasingly heightened by technology and digital collaboration tools. As new employees who expect a social platform to collaborate on and as the world’s industries and standards begin to require a comprehensive digital space, we have to follow suit. Big or small, businesses are looking for the best collaboration tool or even best combination of tools that will fit into their workplace.
Over these last few weeks, we have been delving into each Microsoft collaboration tool. Today, we’re going over the last piece of the puzzle, reviewing the pros and cons across Office 365 and wrapping up the series. So let’s begin.
Pros across Office 365
- One subscription unlocks all these services.
- Data security and compliance is unified and best in enterprise space.
- Services are starting to work together more and more out of the box e.g. SharePoint tab now supports not just document libraries but pages too.
Cons across Office 365
- Single pane of glass. Each of these has its own front end interface. Teams is the closest to being able to incorporate them all. For users, they don’t want to have to think about which product they are working in.
- Keeping up. There is no real way of keeping up to date in one experience. Users will continue to lose their minds trying to find information they created. Let alone that of others!
- Search. Much like keeping up, if you can’t search in one place across all these product it really will be frustrating for users.
As you can see from these pros and cons, it’s not always straightforward. Choosing between these options will certainly get easier once Microsoft makes the direction they are going in more clear. Just this year we have already seen changes and updates from Microsoft as a result of user questions and suggestions. And while I hope my predictions are correct around Microsoft Teams, only time will tell. Whilst we wait, I hope this is useful. If you have other considerations, please leave comments below.
For even more insight into all of these collaboration platforms, check out each video in the series, also linked below!