Have you ever had to play “beat the clock,” rummaging through endless manila files for that important document? Or lost the perfect candidate to another company because your hiring processes took too long? One of HR’s biggest challenges is often recuperating the time spent on manual, paper-intensive hiring, onboarding, and records management processes. Hours employed this way yield no true return, and often create losses for the company ranging from failure to snag the best candidates to missed deadlines.
The good news is that a more efficient human resources is possible
More than ever, HR departments are trading in the paper trail for efficient ECM systems, so more of your staff’s time is spent dealing directly with potential candidates and proactively working to ensure employee satisfaction and reduce detrimental turn-over rates.
An Enterprise Content Management System (ECM) accelerates HR processes across a variety of functions, by:
- Providing a self-service solution for the applicant process
- Allowing increased efficiencies throughout the following areas:
- Job applicant screening
- Hiring manager review process
- Job applicant interview process
- Automating the communication between your organization and the job applicant
- Leveraging existing information to drive the HR Onboarding process and minimize duplicate work
- Allowing employees to easily access, archive, and manage human resources records according to your organization’s retention policy
Additionally, a single electronic file can be accessed simultaneously by more staff, cutting process time exponentially.
Process automation is a simple way to easily and affordably increase potential for horizontal and vertical growth. Think about it. If less of a department’s time is spent manually completing standard tasks, then more can be redirected toward increasing efficiency and improving on existing policies and procedures, securing a firmer base for the entire company to rely on.
While some companies are still unsure whether to make the switch to more streamlined processes, others are gaining the competitive edge. DataBank offers the finest document management, imaging, and information software on the market today. Is enterprise content management right for your HR department? Check out our recent webinar, “Putting the ‘Human’ Back in ‘Human Resources'” below for more information on how it can fit into your efficiency strategy!