It’s Q4 for most businesses which means crunch-time is upon us as we start to think of the year ahead. While you gulp down that big cup of coffee to keep you going, take a moment to see how you can really utilize your existing technology stack for the new year.
1. Make a plan for upgrades: One of the easiest and most essential ways to get the absolute most from an ECM system like OnBase by Hyland is to keep up with upgrades. Making a plan and a budget to upgrade every 2 years to the newest version is recommended.
Upgrades can be scary and may seem like the last thing on your list. But when it comes down to not having access to new add-ons because you’re in an old system, or being so far behind that it’s a much more difficult upgrade process, you will be glad you planned for it.
2. Make sure to arm your HR department with ECM: The New Year can also come with a new hiring wave. That means your HR department will have a lot of work on their hands onboarding new employees.
Make that process easier and more successful with business process automation tools and ECM that can automate the hiring process. With less errors and stress on your human resources department, new hires will feel much more welcomed and ready for work.
3. Enterprise File Sync and Share: An easy sell when asking for potentially a lot in the next year, is a safe and secure file sharing platform, such as AirBase or ShareBase, that you can easily add to your existing technology stack.
Not only are these OnBase hosted platforms more secure than other big-name file sharing programs, but they also have more sharing and compliance capabilities. Your data is never co-mingled with any other organization. You can also set up unique encryption keys for extra data protection and control who can access which documents, ensuring that you meet corporate security standards.
4. Look into growing your Microsoft investment: So many companies already have an initial Microsoft investment, whether it’s O365 or the Microsoft Office Suite. Now is the time to leverage that.
Looking into extended group collaboration tools like SharePoint or cloud-hosted solutions like Azure can take your enterprise to the next level. Microsoft is constantly finding new ways to close communication gaps within your company. And, as a Microsoft Silver Partner, DataBank is able to get you loaded into customized solutions, upgrade your existing Microsoft stack and introduce you to more tools for your office.
5. Staff Augmentation: If you’re planning larger investments into your existing systems that you need help to roll out, look into staff augmentation.
It is easy and cost effective to bring on a DataBank expert to take on a project and complete it for you. If you want to avoid working through an additional hiring process to bring someone on, potentially risking a bad hire or loading extra work onto your existing staff, this is a perfect solution.