We’ve all seen it – the “some assembly required” label on a box. Whether it’s assembling furniture or something as simple as a board game, the label leaves us with two options: we can either run or decide to be the superhero-of-the-day and (try to) conquer the task. For those of you who choose the superhero route, the assembly that you think will take a few minutes turns into a few hours which turns into nightfall, and you end up wasting a day pretending to be a DIY expert.
The same hassle goes for plan submission review. You shouldn’t have to deal with the paper-based process for plan submission review when you can make your day easier with Electronic Plan Review. With the help of ePlan Review, you can electronically submit, review, approve and certify each submission – no assembly required.
Yesterday we held a webinar, “How to Simplify Plan Review for Faster Approvals,” that discussed the benefits of ePlan Review and how to use it. The attendees answered a poll question about the biggest challenges they face when dealing with plan submission review. They stated that the biggest challenges are organizing/routing paper submissions and difficulty knowing the status of reviews and approvals.
One of our customers, Maricopa County, found themselves faced with the same challenges. As the fourth largest county in the United States, serving almost 4 million people, they searched for a way to create a more efficient and automated process that better supported their constituents. They chose OnBase by Hyland’s ePlan Review because of their ability to leverage their current investment, and they truly believe in OnBase’s “one platform, one partner, one solution” motto.
Below are five features of ePlan Review that will make you kiss your current plan submission process good bye:
1. Out of the box portal for plan submittal: Building out a solution through coding takes a ton of effort, not to mention time. When you can use a solution right out of the box and configure it to your needs instead, you’ll be able to reap the benefits that much sooner.
2. Integration of permitting and/or GIS: Integrating with permitting or GIS software grants you better visibility into your plan approval process.
3. Route plans electronically with workflow: Easily manage who works on what project. You can see if something has been sitting in someone’s lap for too long if, for example, they’re out of town or just too busy. If they can’t take on the task, you can easily hand it to someone else.
4. Review, redline, and collaborate in real-time with other people: Facilitate easier communication with others involved in the project, and notify submitters what has been approved and what is still pending.
5. Compare revisions with redlines electronically: You cannot compare revisions quickly with paper. It’s as simple as that. ePlan Review allows you to compare plans that have been redlined in the past, to new, modified drawings that have been resubmitted to easily identify changes.
58 percent of our webinar attendees stated that they are still using a completely paper-based process for plan submission review. Why not make the switch to ePlan Review when you have all of these great benefits to look forward to? For more information about how ePlan Review can help you, watch our full webinar recording or connect with one of our business process experts below!