If Governmental Compliance were a movie scene, it would resemble the epic journey 9 companions make across the dark and tenebrous mines, in Peter Jackson’s timeless “Lord of The Rings” movie rendition. The only difference would be that instead of precious metal lying embedded in every nook and cranny of the mines, the Law and Government cave would harbor invaluable information and data resources which, without the proper pickaxe, become increasingly difficult to find.
So how do departments such as Human Resources, Compliance, and Accounts Payable make their way through regulatory standards in a system in which the bridges are constantly shifting? Well, the answer is contingent upon the specific challenges of the Industry. Most frequently, these challenges are the result of a world in which Information Technology continues to advance and Regulation continues to become stricter, while compliance processes remain stuck at the mouth of the mine, in a manner of speaking.
The paper process to ensure data accuracy, information transparency, and that HR Departments have effectively protected precious government data is painstakingly slow and tedious, often requiring employees to spend hours of valuable time double-checking information and retracing the paper-trail back to the origin of whichever compliance issue might be in question.
The Enterprise Content Management solutions available today guarantee that:
- Government employees across all departments have access only to process-specific documents and records, providing a measure of security
- No document is left behind – because all documents are uploaded into the document management system, they cannot become lost under mounds of paperwork or become the accidental victims of the dreaded shredder
- All process-relevant documents are readily available for viewing on a single interface, making things like agenda management, payroll, or budgeting more efficient and less time-consuming
- Basic audits are automated by your system, eliminating the risk of human (or Hobbit) error.
- Paper-related costs are drastically reduced, if not eliminated completely, ensuring that more money and time are spent improving and innovating existing processes
So while some government agencies have taken the brave leap toward reducing painful back-log files and automating basic audits, others are still clinging to the old system, unsure about how to proceed. Luckily, DataBank takes care of all your document conversion so your agency doesn’t have to.
Why wait? Ask us about our Back-file and Document Conversion services to find out how you can achieve electronic formats of all your system documents quickly, safely, and accurately! Or connect with one of our business process experts below to find the ECM solution “to rule them all,” tailored to your department’s specific need and practice!